Tuesday, November 5, 2013

AN ORDINARY DAY - I LIKE THAT

  Bummer that today my weight jumped up a pound though. Just as well I am mature enough to see the bigger, overall picture ..... Well I try to be.

I am making Monday my normal measuring day, ketones, waist and weight, But that doesn't mean I won't peep in between. Thursday is my fast or very low calorie day as close tozero carb as I can go. I'm finding a workable pattern I want to stick with.

You and Sue had chicken and broccoli with or without cheese soup yesterday and I had what should have been broccoli and chicken stirfry topped with cheese which came out a bit like soup because I used too much liquid trying to get the broccoli to cook. I've made bone broth with the carcass so no problem thinking what to have for dinner tomorrow when we get back from Thames.

Yesterday I had my usual keto coffee, celery stuffed with blue vein cheese and topped with thinly sliced radish I also ate a small piece of cheddar and had the aforementioned chicken and broccoli dinner. I snacked on an HB egg and a few almonds so it was a very cheesy day.

Calorie on the button at 1202
14 gm/ 5% carbs: 64 gm/ 21%Protein: 99 gm/ 74%Fat

Today I am thinking about making a bolognese sauce which I'll have with a spinach salad and John will have mashed potatoes. We have never been great fans of pasta so that's not an issue for us.

I've been thinking about a couple of things that relate to abundance and how I respond. We have a good number of foods in the house that allow me a wide choice for my lunches. Once I would have had to eat all the perishables to prevent waste. Now I don't worry and fortunately John is eating more of them than he once did. I do so hate wasting good food so I would eat rather than leave to be thrown away when spoiled. 

Maybe I have a habit of buying more than we really need.

Same thing is happening with my clothes. They are not wearing out the way they did when I was younger. I don't know what has changed but I seem to have accumulated more clothes than I can wear. Not that I have a lot, it's just that they are mostly in pretty good condition. I have taken to wearing tidy clothes rather than shabby or well worn clothes at home. For the first time in years I have clothes that I am not going to be able to wear out. I only expect to drop 2 more dress sizes. How long will that take? Maybe 12 -18 months. 

Different problems but a similar mindset. I hate to throw out good clothes even when I know I can send them to the Op Shop to be found by someone who might need them. I'm trying to make the most of wearing things I like as frequently as possible.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the abundance. That's weird because compared with many people we don't really have all that much. 

An equal abundance of cash would be a fine thing Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment