Monday, March 3, 2014

HAPPY WITH TODAY'S NUMBERS

I skipped my walk yesterday and I'm starting today differently with a soak in a bath of bubbles an epsom salts for no particular reason.

Ketone level is beginning to look good and my weight is down another small fraction. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this. It doesn't seem quite so difficult this time.

I think that's because I have already done a lot of experimenting with food patterns and recipes, measuring ingredients and serving sizes so that I don't have to think so much about that.

It's not that I do not need to work at it but that I have gradually been getting my meals more in line with a ketogenic diet.

It's so encouraging to see the numbers doing what I want. I know that's not more important than good health but ...... I have reached a point where there's not a lot more I can do to stay healthy except lose weight and move more. The two seem to go together.

I am thinking about the 10,000 steps a day but I don't want to push walking or the cross-trainer or anything else until I am stable in fat burning. It has been suggested this may take three weeks in ketosis without stumbling. That's enough to work on right now, especially as I have a big weekend coming up with a 70th birthday party and outings with son an his wife who are coming up from Christchurch for a week, arriving next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment